If you’re wondering about energy drinks and health risks, these posts are for you. Over the years, I’ve addressed several questions about what energy drinks do to the human body, energy drink-related hospitalizations, and more.
Looking specifically for information about the effects of caffeine and alcohol?
Blog Category: Are Energy Drinks Bad For You?
If you were looking for a definitive guide for all your energy drink questions, this is it. Standard energy drinks. Pre-workout drinks. Drinks with all-natural ingredients. CaffeineMan and GreenEyedGuide cover it all. With this series, you’ll get science-based, no-BS answers to the big question, “Are energy drinks bad?”
It’s happened again. Someone was admitted to the hospital after consuming an energy drink. Reporters cover the story and include warnings about these controversial drinks but have you ever read these news stories and felt like something was missing? In this post, I’ll review some real examples of energy drinks in the news to demonstrate how the omission of a few minor details hurts consumers, as well as the scientists who study energy drinks, like me.
I was honored to be asked to contribute to this discussion on “chemicals in our food”. This is the fourth in a series of collaboration between Don’t Eat the Pseudoscience and In Defense of Processed Food.
A study presented at the 2018 American Heart Association conference claimed, “Just one energy drink may hurt blood vessel function.”
Instead of pointing out all the limitations in the study, I’m going to skip the science for today and just talk about the 10 energy drinks that will not hurt your blood vessels.
How can we talk about the safety of energy drinks in the context of food science? How does Food Packaging, Food Chemistry, and Food Microbiology impact the safety of a caffeinated beverage?
March is Caffeine Awareness Month! To commemorate this occasion, let’s review some facts every caffeine consumer should know.
This infographic was prepared by food scientist and biochemist Danielle Robertson Rath, founder of GreenEyedGuide.com and author of “Are You a Monster or a Rock Star: A Guide to Energy Drinks”. This infographic is possible thanks to the generous support of CaffeineInformer.com. Thanks also goes to Dr. Clay Jones.
- 3 Ways to Make Energy Drinks Safer – Live Chat with Food Safety Foundation
- Are Energy Drinks Bad For You?
- Are Nootropics Safe?
- Energy Drinks and Hospitalizations Checklist: How to Ask The Right Questions
- PBR Hard Coffee – Ingredients, Safety, Where to Find It
- Chemicals and Food Safety in the 21st Century
- How Energy Drinks Affect Children and Young People: Research Recap
- Will Energy Drinks Hurt Blood Vessels?
- Should you be afraid of this Monster Energy Drink? Science and Safety Behind Caffe Monster Energy Coffee
- Energy Drink Safety from 3 Different Food Science Lenses [YouTube]
- 8 Facts for Caffeine Awareness Month [infographic]
- Science Behind Energy Drink Ingredient Interactions
- What I Learned After 10 Years of Researching Energy Drinks – GreenEyedGuide Presentation for Cal Poly Pomona
- Energy Drinks Causing Holes in the Brain? Energy Drinks in the News
- What you need to know about the Caffeine Overdose in South Carolina
- GreenEyedGuide Caffeine Challenge Day 4/10 – How Caffeine Saves Lives
- GreenEyedGuide Caffeine Challenge Day 3/10 – Alcohol and Caffeine (Friday Night Dilemma)
- Ironman and Hulk demonstrate why mixing alcohol and caffeine is so bad
- Caffeine and Panic Attacks – Book Excerpt of the Week
- Energy Drinks and Hepatitis – What You Should Know
- Four Loko vs 5Hour Energy: Book Excerpt of the Week
- Book Excerpt of the Week: The A in the Supplement Safety ABCs
- Confessions of a Shady Supplement Supplier
- Best Energy Drinks for Hangovers
- Kids and Energy Drinks – 3 Things Every Parent Should Know
- BroBible on Energy Drinks – All the Facts They Got Wrong
- Open letter to Time regarding energy drink article in “The Answer Issue”
- 10 Things No One is Telling You About Energy Drinks
- Friends with the Monster? 3 Crucial Counterpoints to the Energy Drink Debate
- 6 in 10? What You Need to Know About Energy Drink Consumers
- 5 Warning Signs when Buying Energy Drinks and Supplements
- Are Monster Minis Safer than Monster Energy?
- A Nation in Need of Caffeine
- Energy Drinks and the ER – perspective