If you’re wondering about energy drinks and health risks, these posts are for you. Over the years, I’ve addressed several questions about what energy drinks do to the human body, energy drink-related hospitalizations, and more.
Looking specifically for information about the effects of caffeine and alcohol?
Blog Category: Are Energy Drinks Bad For You?
Are energy drinks worse than coffee for stress and sleep? Learn the 3 things you can try if you’re worried about energy drinks affecting your stress and sleep.
The stat “energy drinks related ER visits have doubled” appears in energy drink news articles all the time. But that’s not the whole story. Caffeine Scientist GreenEyedGuide reviews the science behind this statistic. Learn what to say instead and what energy drink users can do/drink.
GreenEyedGuide talks caffeine trends, tips, and safety in this LIVE chat with the Food Safety Foundation
If you were looking for a definitive guide for all your energy drink questions, this is it. Standard energy drinks. Pre-workout drinks. Drinks with all-natural ingredients. CaffeineMan and GreenEyedGuide cover it all. With this series, you’ll get science-based, no-BS answers to the big question, “Are energy drinks bad?”
Are nootropics safer than energy drinks? Are nootropics FDA approved? These answers plus the 5 secrets to picking a safe nootropic.
It’s happened again. Someone was admitted to the hospital after consuming an energy drink. Reporters cover the story and include warnings about these controversial drinks but have you ever read these news stories and felt like something was missing? In this post, I’ll review some real examples of energy drinks in the news to demonstrate…
Pabst Blue Ribbon has released a “Hard Coffee” in select markets. Where can you find it? What is it? What’s in it? Why did Four Loko get in trouble with the FDA for caffeinated alcohol but this drink is okay? Food Scientist GreenEyedGuide answers these questions in this review of PBR Hard Coffee.
I was honored to be asked to contribute to this discussion on “chemicals in our food”. This is the fourth in a series of collaboration between Don’t Eat the Pseudoscience and In Defense of Processed Food.
Scientists at Durham University in the UK completed a massive review of all the credible research on how energy drinks affect kids and teens. In this Research Recap, we review the two key takeaways.
A study presented at the 2018 American Heart Association conference claimed, “Just one energy drink may hurt blood vessel function.” Instead of pointing out all the limitations in the study, I’m going to skip the science for today and just talk about the 10 energy drinks that will not hurt your blood vessels.
- Are energy drinks worse than coffee for stress and sleep?
- The Trouble with the “Energy Drink Related ER Visits” Stat
- 3 Ways to Make Energy Drinks Safer – Live Chat with Food Safety Foundation
- Are Energy Drinks Bad For You?
- Are Nootropics Safe?
- Energy Drinks and Hospitalizations Checklist: How to Ask The Right Questions
- PBR Hard Coffee – Ingredients, Safety, Where to Find It
- Chemicals and Food Safety in the 21st Century
- How Energy Drinks Affect Children and Young People: Research Recap
- Will Energy Drinks Hurt Blood Vessels?
- Should you be afraid of this Monster Energy Drink? Science and Safety Behind Caffe Monster Energy Coffee
- Energy Drink Safety from 3 Different Food Science Lenses [YouTube]
- 8 Facts for Caffeine Awareness Month [infographic]
- Science Behind Energy Drink Ingredient Interactions
- What I Learned After 10 Years of Researching Energy Drinks – GreenEyedGuide Presentation for Cal Poly Pomona
- Energy Drinks Causing Holes in the Brain? Energy Drinks in the News
- What you need to know about the Caffeine Overdose in South Carolina
- GreenEyedGuide Caffeine Challenge Day 4/10 – How Caffeine Saves Lives
- GreenEyedGuide Caffeine Challenge Day 3/10 – Alcohol and Caffeine (Friday Night Dilemma)
- Ironman and Hulk demonstrate why mixing alcohol and caffeine is so bad
- Caffeine and Panic Attacks – Book Excerpt of the Week
- Energy Drinks and Hepatitis – What You Should Know
- Four Loko vs 5Hour Energy: Book Excerpt of the Week
- Book Excerpt of the Week: The A in the Supplement Safety ABCs
- Confessions of a Shady Supplement Supplier
- Best Energy Drinks for Hangovers
- Kids and Energy Drinks – 3 Things Every Parent Should Know
- BroBible on Energy Drinks – All the Facts They Got Wrong
- Open letter to Time regarding energy drink article in “The Answer Issue”
- 10 Things No One is Telling You About Energy Drinks
- Friends with the Monster? 3 Crucial Counterpoints to the Energy Drink Debate
- 6 in 10? What You Need to Know About Energy Drink Consumers
- 5 Warning Signs when Buying Energy Drinks and Supplements
- Are Monster Minis Safer than Monster Energy?
- A Nation in Need of Caffeine
- Energy Drinks and the ER – perspective