How to Enjoy Your Coffee, Tea, or Energy Drink Without the Caffeine Side-Effects
Have you ever had those days where your caffeine didn’t work? Or wondered about the difference between coffee and energy drinks? Ever worry about caffeine side-effects like jitters, anxiety, or withdrawal headaches? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Before we can talk about caffeine side-effects, we have to talk about how we got where we are today. Energy drinks have shaped the marketplace so that even “coffee snobs” are affected. With the energy drink boom, coffee companies and even tea companies have come out with ready-to-drink versions of their products in order to keep up with the trends.
This has lead to a fascinating evolution in the world of caffeinated beverages, as well as some myths and misconceptions.
Are you drinking caffeine wrong? Myths, Misconceptions, and Tips to Drinking Caffeine Like a Scientist
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The “evolution of the energy drink”
- Surprising trends in the world of caffeinated beverages
- Common misconceptions about caffeine and energy drinks
- 5 secrets to enjoying your coffee, tea, or energy drink without the caffeine side-effects
- Finding your “sweet spot” for caffeine and alertness
- Cortisol Awakening Response
- Sleep Inertia
- Surprising caffeine contents
- Using the 5 Levels of Fatigue to beat caffeine addiction and caffeine withdrawal
In this YouTube Episode, biochemist, food scientist and author Danielle Robertson Rath (the GreenEyedGuide) shares tips for drinking caffeine more strategically (using science). This presentation was delivered at Pauline Haas Public Library in Sussex, Wisconsin, on February 25, 2020.
Want more caffeine tips like these?
Do you work long, unusual, or unpredictable hours? Is sleep is the first casualty in your battle to juggle multiple roles and responsibilities? Do you constantly feel overwhelmed, overworked, or over-caffeinated?