Though some media outlets continue to paint all energy drinks with the same brush, the number of “energy drinks in disguise” is growing. Unless you’re at an airport, it’s getting easier to find an energy drink with less-than-extreme amounts of caffeine, no sugar, and no artificial colors or ingredients. You might even know someone who’s tried to sell you an energy drink that can only be found online [buyer beware].
With the number of energy options increasing, it’s growing more important to learn what distinguishes one energy drink from another. Through every Energy Drink of the Month post, we review the tools you need to consume caffeine safely, and discuss how to tell if an energy drink is right for you — as in YOUR lifestyle and diet goals, and YOUR current energy needs or “Level of Fatigue”.
Energy Drink of the Month — A Year’s Reflection
- [July 2015] – Hiball Coffee
- [June 2015] – Spider Energy Mimic
- [May 2015] – Celsius Energy
- [April 2015] – Avitae Caffeinated Water (now flavored!)
- [March 2015] – Red Bull Total Zero Editions
- [February 2015] – Runa Clean Energy
- [January 2015] – Steaz Iced Green Tea
- [December 2014] – Mio Energy
- [November 2014] – The “NO!” Edition
- [October 2014] – A Quality Assurance/Food Safety, Food Scientist, and Marketing POV on Rockstar Roasted with Almond Milk
- [September 2014] – Jamba Energy
- [August 2014] – Arriba Horchata
For Energy Drink of the Month picks July 2013 through July 2014, see previous post.
Remember, knowledge is power, and the dosage makes the difference between a poison and a cure. Thanks for the support, the comments and all the shares! ~ Green-Eyed Guide
Get your copy of Are You a Monster or a Rock Star: A Guide to Energy Drinks — How They Work, Why They Work, How to Use Them Safely (available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and more! Check Goodreads for your favorite source, or just ask your local bookstore)
Please “Like” the Energy Drink Guide on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/energydrinkguide
Support Green-Eyed Guide for one buck ($1)! Visit Patreon to become a patron
RELATED READING AND POPULAR POSTS
Three important points TIME magazine forgot to mention in “The Answer Issue”