Vitamin B (singular) was discovered in 1897 as THE THING that prevented the disease Beriberi. It wasn’t until 1911 that someone discovered THE THING was not ONE vitamin, but a CLUSTER (or a “complex”) of vitamins.
The Book Excerpt of the Week comes from the “B-vitamins” chapter of Part Three: How Do They Work.
The B-vitamins are similar in how they work: almost all off them help enzymes in our body, and those enzymes are like little machines that get important stuff done (like metabolizing things, building DNA, and much more).
In the coming weeks we’ll talk about what each of the B-vitamins do, and how much you should consume (versus how much is in sports supplements and energy drinks).
Stay tuned for next week’s book excerpt as we move page by page through my book on the science of energy drinks.
Get your copy of “Are You a Monster or a Rock Star: A Guide to Energy Drinks- How They Work, Why They Work, How to Use Them Safely” from Amazon and wherever books are sold.
AUDIO BOOK IN PRODUCTION!!! Visit Patreon.com/greeneyedguide
- Get your copy of MY BOOK: “Are You a Monster or a Rock Star: A Guide to Energy Drinks — How They Work, Why They Work, How to Use Them Safely”
- HELP ME TURN MY BOOK INTO AN AUDIO BOOK – SUPPORT ME ON PATREON
- Love energy drinks/ coffee/ caffeine? Facebook.com/energydrinkguide
- Love Fitness + Caffeine? Facebook.com/greeneyedguide
- Love Energy Drinks + Fitness? Instagram
- Share your can with me on Twitter