Ginkgo is in thousands of products, not just energy drinks. But does it really do anything? For this week’s book excerpt, we look at the studies on the benefits of ginkgo.
- A systematic review of randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled AKA legit studies determines that ginkgo biloba did not provide any significant health benefits.
- BUT that study was only with people who ALREADY had some form of cognitive impairment. What about healthy people?
- An 8 YEAR STUDY with over 3,000 (normal cognitive function) people taking 120mg ginkgo PER DAY was NOT EFFECTIVE at reducing the rate of Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Maybe 120 mg isn’t a big enough dose to make a difference…or maybe ginkgo is only good at being a comfort blanket.
…We just don’t know…
Do YOU take ginkgo? What do you think about it?
To learn more about ginkgo and the other energy drink ingredients, stay tuned for next week’s book excerpt as we continue our page-by-page exploration through the Energy Drink Guide (now on Audible!!!).
- Get your copy of MY BOOK: “Are You a Monster or a Rock Star: A Guide to Energy Drinks — How They Work, Why They Work, How to Use Them Safely”
- Love what I do? SUPPORT ME ON PATREON