The following is a guest post submitted by Robert Everett and edited by GreenEyedGuide. Robert brings up some good points about the advantages and disadvantages of using energy drinks or “brain drinks” like Nawgan and DaVinci for memory and brain function.
Do you have an important exam tomorrow and have to get ready for it? Or you have a big project for work or your college class? In these situations, you want to push your brain to its limits and get your work done as quickly as possible! But what can you do if you are feeling exhausted and spaced out?
Each of us has our own personal secret for how to focus and stay awake. However, there is one solution gaining popularity – using energy drinks to stimulate the brain!
How do energy drinks help our brains?
Red Bull has been around in the US since 1997, but long before then, people have used caffeine to stay alert and to help them focus. Caffeine, as well as energy drinks that are marketed as “think drinks” or “brain drinks”, seem like an excellent way to increase effectiveness at work/school or wake up after a sleepless night. But are these drinks actually good for your health? Let’s look at a few pros and cons.
- There are so many different kinds of energy drinks available these days, someone can find a drink in accordance with their needs and preferences. For example:
- Some energy drinks have less caffeine than others;
- Some energy drinks are sugar-free while others have sugar from sources like agave or honey;
- Some energy drinks have high doses of vitamins while other have no vitamins;
- Some energy drinks have stereotypical energy drink ingredients like taurine, carnitine, and guarana, but other energy drinks have just caffeine from green tea and a few vitamins;
- Energy drinks like Nawgan and DaVinci contain citicoline, which has been proven to improve cognitive function
- Some energy drinks can be resealed, which allows you to drink it whenever and wherever you want (home, work, dance floor, car). This choice is not always possible with coffee or tea since you usually have to drink it right away
- Healthy adults can only have up to 400 milligrams of caffeine to avoid health issues;
- Some energy drinks contain more sugar than the Daily Added Sugar Limit recommended by the American Heart Association: 9 teaspoons/36 grams for men and 6 teaspoons/25 grams for women
- Some energy drinks contain caffeine amounts very close to the 400 mg caffeine/day limit; other energy drinks contain multiple servings per container, which makes it more likely that the person consuming that drink will have more than a safe amount of caffeine
- Some energy drinks are sold online and might be manufactured by people who do not follow Good Manufacturing Practices (even if they say they do)
- The vitamins contained in energy drinks are no replacement for a proper meal or vitamins from real food; an energy drink is not the same a multi-vitamin
As you can understand, there are two sides of the same coin. Do you need such drinks at your 20’s? Some people are against such boosting drinks while others need and like having them in their everyday lives, and thus, we can say that the decision is absolutely individual.
What Are The Top Energy Drinks For Memory And Brain?
So what is the best drink for brain function? It is hard to give an exact answer to this question because, as was mentioned earlier, each person has different needs and preferences. But here are the top three energy drinks that are worth your attention and can help you identify your favorite one!
- DaVinci – the creators of this beverage claim that it inspires, boosts energy, and is absolutely healthy, but is this true? The beverage contains a unique blend of useful elements and vitamins, including such components as magnesium, citicoline, and L-tyrosine with vitamins B6, B12, and D3. The key reason why this beverage is useful for your brain is its content. Namely, its main component – citicoline, which contains a unique and interesting mix of cytidine and choline. Why is it a rare mix? In fact, cytidine, unlike choline, which can be found in many products, is a rare component despite the fact that it has a significant impact on your brain. Thus, such mix activates the functioning of your brain, caffeine is boosting energy, and eventually, you get increased effectiveness for performing numerous tasks.
- Nawgan Alertness Beverage – citicoline is the key component of this drink as well. The use of it, we had already discussed earlier, but there are a few things that also contribute to utilization and effectiveness of this beverage. Firstly, it is low in sodium, does not contain sugar or carbohydrates. It also provides your body with the necessary vitamins, including the vitamin B6, B12, and E, which means that it is not only free of calories but is also useful for your body!
- 5-Hour Energy – this energy shot is also free or calories, sugar, and net carbs. What makes it useful? It contains folic acid, vitamins B12 and B6, sodium, taurine, malic acid, glucuronolactone, citicoline, tyrosine N-Acetyl L-, L-phenylalanine, and caffeine. These active and useful elements, together influence your brain and memory, making their functioning more effective!
Author’s Bio: Robert Everett is a skilled and talented med writer, currently employed at a paper writing service – https://au.edubirdie.com/assignment-writing-help. As an academic writer, Robert better than anyone else knows what it means to work with tight deadlines and stay awake two or more nights in a row. Such intensive schedule is not a rare thing in the modern world. Not only writers, but many other workers from various establishments experience the same issues, and of course, the same also applies to the modern students. Due to the specifics of his work, Robert has to consume various energy shots almost every day, and now he shares some useful information on this topic with us!
- How Energy Drinks Will Help You Concentrate During FInal Exams – Guest Post
- BroBible on Energy Drinks: All the Facts They Got Wrong – GreenEyedGuide
- Energy Drinks and Exams – How They Can Help and How to Use Them Safely – GreenEyedGuide